[Haiti-London-Konbit] HKKP: The Cube Programme extends its reach to Haiti

Haiti-London-Konbit haiti-london-konbit at lists.aktivix.org
Mon Mar 15 23:46:03 UTC 2010

Update on The Haiti Kids Kino Project

http://nanoplex.cubecinema.com/blog/

Best wishes

Lady Lucy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: esther may campbell <esther at esthermaycampbell.com>
Date: 15 March 2010 18:30
Subject: [Volunteers_discussion] HKKP: The Cube Programme extends its
reach to Haiti
To: Volunteers list <volunteers at microplex.cubecinema.com>

Dear All

HKKP: The CUBE is in Haiti!

Amidst heat, humidity, dust and mosquitoes, Marko and Dave have been
projecting to audiences ranging from 300-500 people each evening.
There's more demand than we can supply and so the HAITI KIDS KINO
PROJECT is being welcomed with open arms.

French language films are going down great -- Ballon d'Or, The Red
Balloon and Kirikou.  Slapstick and comedy work very well too... our
very first screening was in a small camp in Cite de Soleil in Port au
Prince, and the programme was.... Michel Ocelot short/Shaun the Sheep
- Kite/ hedgehog in the fog/  Ballon D'Or (feature) ... and the crowd
loved it! One of the highlights was the whole audience singing and
clapping along to Vic Reeves singing the theme to Shaun the Sheep.

Check out the blog and facebook pages for what's coming up, and going down.

We're hoping to continue this great work after Marko and Dave's return
and rainy season passes. Please get in touch if you'd like to be
involved in any way.

Thanks again to everyone.

HKKP

please address all administrative questions to
cubeadmin at microplex.cubecinema.com

--
Lady Lucy
http://www.beingll.com