[HANDgreenteam] Exploring Columbia River Crossing - Richmond Sustainability Evening Event - Wed August 26th - Open to All

ethan ethan at handpdx.org
Wed Aug 26 02:44:26 BST 2009

Richmond Sustainability Evening Event-*Wed August 26**th*-Open to All* *

*Exploring Columbia River Crossing: Issues and Our Choices  *

*6:30 PM-We will gather at Piccolo Park , 27**th** and Division,* *for a
short bike ride* to revisit some special spots in our neighborhood that
would not be here if not for the activism in 1974 that stopped the Mt Hood
Highway proposal.

*7:00ish-convene at the Flying Cat Coffee Company, 3041 SE Division * for

   - *A Short Talk* given on Columbia River Crossing
   - *Viewing of PBS Documentary* “*Blueprint America: Road to the
Future*”-contrasts
   evolving transportation/land use planning and infrastructure in Portland,
   Denver and New York & their alternatives to car travel
   - *Discussion*-How these issues impact our lives and what choices we can
   make

*Bike ride is optional-just come at 7:00 to the Flying Cat if you prefer.*