[Kritischestudentenutrecht] Reminder: teach-in on the improvement of Education

Nima M nimappp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:34:52 UTC 2010

**
*Teach-in on the improvement of Education*

In January 2010 we organized three seminars about knowledge, how to make it
more attractive and living. Those seminars have been followed up by
tutorials in which the participating students developed some of the ideas
mentioned in the seminars before.

Seminars and tutorials were meant to realize a bit more of freedom and space
to develop and test our own ideas. However, we did not want our work to be
completely marginal. On the contrary, we wanted it to be a viable
alternative to the official curriculum that, we felt, is deteriorating more
and more; deteriorating in terms of quality and social atmosphere. So we
have organized the tutorials such that credit points could be obtained.

On June 15th we want to present the results of the tutorials in public. They
will be about how to construct knowledge in a more stimulating and
attractive way. Four students will – stimulated by their reading of Spinoza-
briefly present their tutorial products. Teacher of the tutorial, Fabiola
Jara Gomez (UU), will give a preface to this with a talk about respectively
‘Why is it so difficult to organize academic education in an attractive way’
and ‘What can be done for improvement.’

After the fore mentioned talks we will invite everyone to participate freely
in a sort of teach in – were we teach ourselves – about anything that needs
to be discussed in the context of the present university and its crisis.

*Time and Place*:

Tuesday, June 15th, 19.30-21.30 (doors are open at 19.00)
Pnyx, Achter Sint Pieter 25, Utrecht
Facebook event page:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/event.php?eid=130377490307896

The Common seminar