[LAF] Is Activism Counter Revolutionary?

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:29:58 UTC 2005

>  Personnally, I think we shud stick to the twice
> monthly sessions.

I agree, though can't commit to always being able to
make Saturdays.

> This means Sameus will hv to be scheduled on one of
> those Saturdays.
> Steve's subject could be topical, without it being a
> downer, on the 25th
> precisely because it is on the eve of the G8
> meeting.

That's the idea. And without wanting to do a
'spoiler', I hope to be billed as 'devil's advocate',
if that's not giving the game away too much, and will
be concluding how G8 could be potentially highly
revolutionary, though not as an excuse for 'reformist
activism' :)

>  I'm keen to hear Justin's stuff on anarchism
> fitting in
> with other ideologies, if not on the 25th, then v.
> soon.

Me too.

>  Also, I still hv a talk on democracy that I can
> dust off
> so we're not short of speakers.
> Prob is to hv more audience than speakers.

As ever...

> But if we hang on there, continue to advertise the
> events,
> they'll turn up.

I think Justin's initiative on the 18th, which I must
have missed the discussion on, might help this.

Steve