[LAF] May 14th LAF at Ramparts - Stevphen and SOMA

justin hooper_jackson at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 16:56:26 UTC 2005

Right - this is times of the
talks/workshops for the 14th
that i think would work (following
Christian's suggestions)...

[Anyone with objections/alternative
suggestions please e-mail LAF list ASAP
- i'm working on the flyers,
and want to get them out ASAP, so strongly
suggest sending only very important objections]...

Timetable:

Meet from 12:30 at Ramparts
(with snacks and soft drinks?)

Stevphen's talk starts: 1:15
Discussion: 2 - 3
(Stevphen - take note this means
a talk of about 45mins. I.e., personally,
i'd much prefer a longer talk than 30mins
if possible!)
(maybe there'd be a 15 min break in between talk and
discussion, if that's what people would like, on the day)
(the idea of starting at 1:15 (rather than
1:00) is that it gives latecomers a chance
to get to Ramparts b4 talk starts!)

Break: 3:00 - 3:30
(maybe snacks and soft drinks)

Soma 3:30 - 6:30
(with various 15min breaks in between
workshop/talk/discussion)

Then maybe food and drink,
possibly stalls (Black Cat Press?), maybe DJ's
and music... (will look into this
- will contact Selene, from Ramparts,
about this - have some ideas on this)...

Questions:

Food/drinks? suggest supplied by
LAF and Rampart jointly and co-orgainsed
likewise - donations on the day will
go to Ramparts and LAF...

Music/DJ's?: will contact Ramparts
about this. Anyone have suggestions
for bands/DJ's? I know a few...
Will discuss with Ramparts... (so far they
suggested punk bands...). If we do an
evening event maybe we could also raise
money for G8 protests too?

Justin