[LAF] Article on anarchism in New Humanist

derek axion derekaxion at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 13:45:18 UTC 2005

I don't understand how you have come to that conclusion Adrian...Judith Suissa, Post-Doc Research Fellow at the Institute of Education is clearly a reformist working within an authoritarian political science heirarchy.

How can she be on my side when the clear implication of her article is a plea to ruling class academia to be fairer to the idea of anarchy and to recognise us more (pleeeaase)?

My point is the opposite - we don't believe need their platitudes, we don't beg them to be nice to us and we certainly don't need a careerist academic to beg for us either!

Adrian Williams <adrianrwilliams at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
We don't have to rely on lecturers. The writer of the
article sounds to be on the same side as you.

--- derek axion wrote:

> why do we need to rely on so-called "political
> science" lecturers? Anarchism is about social and
> individual revolution and freedom from authoritarian
> "policy", "politics" or in fact "politicians" of any
> fucking kind, even if they go to university!
>

> Adrian Williams wrote:
> Just for interest. The Sept/Oct 2005 issue of New
> Humanist mag has a two-page article on anarchism by
> Judith Suissa, Post-Doc Research Fellow at the
> Institute of Education. She covers the poor
> treatment
> of anarchism by political science lecturers and the
> difference between libertarian and anarchist
> education.
>
> I can't give a URL for this. newhumanist.org.uk is
> there but you have to register to read the current
> issue. Store this and read it later if you don't see
> the paper mag?
>
> Adrian Williams

Get My Web - a better way to save web pages
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/myresults/default