[LAF] LAF Future Programme Date For Symposium

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Sat Dec 2 13:59:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 11:58:57AM +0000, LONDON EVENTS wrote:

> I have posted a note on the website  (see below on the website)
> re the symposiun with out giving the confirmed date the
> suggestion is now then Sat the 13th Jan 2007 from 3pm
> Is anyone who might come unhappy about this date otherwise
> I will book the room at Freedom

The date is clear for me at the moment but there are a couple of
things that could potentially put the block on it. It is as good
as any other date in Jan though.

> Anyone other than Volodya willing to give a paper?

I don't have time to prepare anything. Actually the biggest
problem would be trying to think of a topic. Potentially for
future events I would be up for doing an "assignment". If
people make suggestions for things that they would like to
learn more about and we came up with a list of suggested topics
then I might be up for picking one, doing some research/reading
and doing a short presentation. I know that might be a bit too
structured for some people, but structure can be good:-) (or
can it?).

Still up for the social on 16th and I think people should
be encouraged to bring along food/drink, but spending perhaps
a tenner from the funds for basics would be fine with me.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/