[LAF] Blake, ID and the Apocalypse

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Thu Jan 5 15:04:20 UTC 2006

Hello all you lafers,

Hope everyone survived the New Year. It is normally the one night
a year I drink to excess, but this year I was sensible and thus
able to reach the 950m summit of Helvellyn in the Lake District
on New Year's day with a clear head. Visibility was about 50 miles
and I could clearly see Blackpool Tower in the distance!

Thanks for posting the transcript of your Blake talk Steve. It is
a useful resource which I will be referring people to.

The next part of my subject line was "ID". Does everyone know
about the Anarchist Assembly on ID at [RampART][1] on Sunday? People
will be meeting from 3pm to 6pm to discuss what to do about things
like SOCPA and the state's ID card proposals. I don't think I will
be able to go - I hope others will.

[1]: http://www.rampart.co.nr/

Finally, what's all this about the Apocalypse?

> CLEVELAND, Ohio, January 5, 2006: The Church of the SubGenius has
> announced that the end of the world will take place on Wednesday, July
> 5, 2006. In preparation for the fulfillment of this doomsday prophecy,
> the Church is requesting that all of its members participate in a
> bizarre religious ceremony taking place in upstate New York, during
> the final weekend before the arrival of the apocalypse.

For more information see the [X-Day Web site][2]

[2]: http://www.modemac.com/x-day/

Easy riding,
Ian

--