[LAF] LONDON ANARCHIST FORUM

stevphen shukaitis stevphen at mutualaid.org
Thu Jun 22 02:48:44 UTC 2006

TAZ is also available here: http://www.hermetic.com/bey/taz_cont.html - as well as a whole wealth
of writing by HB / PLW here: http://www.hermetic.com/bey/.

The question of HB/PLW's writing being anything like a"tao of Marxist philosophy" strikes me as
rather odd - cause unlike a lot of other anarchist thinkers who are in many ways reacting, quite
understandably, to the sorts of sketchy assumptions that come with parts of Marxism and Hegalian
thought, Peter comes basically from another directio altogether. His backrgound is rooted mainly
is comparative religion and mysticism as opposed to Marxism. So while he draws now and then from
Marxism, as well as folks like Deleuze, Foucault, Baudrillard, etc . . . in some ways he's able to
borrow interesting tools from those areas of thought without having to constantly differentiate
what he's not taking on.

But sounds interesting. I'll ask Peter what he thinks of the phrase "tao of Marxist philosophy"
the next time I see him.

cheers
stevphen