[LAF] ReL AF : [Feminism Tallk etc

EDMUND MCARTHUR antines at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 8 12:31:12 UTC 2006

  Sunday 21st May 3pm @ Conway Hall,Red Lion Square WC1
  South Place Ethical Society Have a speaker from Feminists Against Censorship

  Sat was a very good event , excellent talk and discussion pity more people did not attend
  I have an offer from David Murry to talk on what should bea rather controversial
  topic  Marx As An Anarchist
  David has given LAF talks before he is willing to do a Sat in June or July
  so  ( which Sat would suit people and which would not?
  BEN
  I dont know if you are on theLAF list so I have saved you to my address book
  this means you will receive my events and issues bulletin
  if you dont want to(but you might wait for the next issue)  I will remove your name

  Ben/Volodya
  One of you mentioned that in secular France the state owns or maintains the churches  have you got any further information?
  Cheers

Joy Wood <joy_helbin at hotmail.com> wrote:
      Further to the LAF talk by Ben yesterday afternoon, if anyone wants to read further on the topic, the following book about Third Wave feminism was published in 2000.  The reason I find it useful is not only is it written by a couple of thirdwavers themselves (ie not by someone not in the movement themselves) but it covers the first and second waves so the third wave is put in historical context.

  "ManifestA.  Young Women, feminism, and the future" by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards.

  For the avoidance of doubt, Third Wave feminism is nothing to do with Alvin Toffler's Third Wave.

   FREE JOHN GRAHAM
  Click above to sign petition
  if you want to subscribe to Events & Issues Int
  see Events & Issues  website http://eventsandissues.bravehost.com/
  4000 babies die every day from unsafe bottle feeding
  BOYCOTT NESTLE
  www.babymilkaction.org