[LAF] Zerzan speaking event May 28, 29, or 30?

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Mon May 8 17:17:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:55:11AM +0100, Volodya wrote:

> P.S. Can somebody please change the reply to, so that it goes
> automagically to the whole list, and we don't need to change
> it manually.

I just hit "L" in mutt for "list-reply" and my reply goes to
the list as it should - no need to manually change anything.
All decent Mail User Agents should have this functionality,
ie separate commands for reply to author and reply to list.

What you are asking is for me (for I am the administator of the
LAF list) to implement "Reply-To" munging. This is strongly
discouraged because it breaks things, makes it difficult (or
sometimes impossible) to send a private reply, and often leads
to embarrasment when what is intended to be a private reply
ends up going to the whole list.

For a more detailed explanation of why "Reply-To" munging is
considered harmful see:

Ian

--
Ian Gregory