[LAF] Non-hierarchical peer-taugh anti-militaristic self-defence/martial arts social

Volodya Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Tue Sep 19 12:30:10 UTC 2006

On the anniversary of Seven Peace Brigades International observers being beaten by
police outside an Organization of American States conference, Guatemala City
(http://www.eskimo.com/~recall/bleed/1113.htm) the non-hierarchical peer-taught
anti-militaristic self-defence/martial arts collective will have its very first open
social event.

What we are:
We are a group of individuals, who come together to put all the ideas of mutual
cooperation in the real life and teach each other what we know in the area of martial arts
and self defence. We are open and constantly are seeking for the new people (with and
without experience) to come in. No money is ever changing hands, as the "classes" are
completely free of charge.

What is the social about:
This is the event when we want to gather together and invite all the people who were
thinking of coming, but were too shy to show up to the already operating group. It is not
a "class", but just what it is called "a social". We are planning to bring together some
videos of martial arts that we are engaged in for the screening together, have some
tea/coffee/what-not, and sit around talking. This can be a great opportunity for the
new-comers to not feel intimidated (especially if they never have been in such a group or
done any martial arts/self defence).

When:
2006 November 13th
18.00 (6pm)