[LAF] LAF Amy Progress?

LONDON EVENTS londonevents2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 19:38:31 UTC 2007

OK  Barry  :
 Sounds good  how about a nice sexy title
   What about Aug then assume you would want at the end ?

  No one seems to have replied to my lat post-  do we write off July as well
  or do we have something on a Sat at Freedom Press
  I would really like a ground floor venue for disability access
  does any one have a contact at LA RC ?

  anyway that's all I can suggest for now-n let me know if you want me to book FP for July
  perhaps its time we had another bring and share social
  we could combine it with something  or maybe not

  Also do we want to do anything for the Anarchist Book Fair this year
  ( if you dont already know its been fixed for St Marys   http://www.anarchistbookfair.org/)
I have to give you fair warning I will NOT  be  available to facillatate
this year as I am going to have  Black Cat Press Stall  come what may
  any Way let me know about July and what we should do about a venue for AUG
  Ed

  Barry O'Dea <barryjohnodea at hotmail.com> wrote:
      Hi Joy,
  Nice to hear from u, hope everything is good with u ... I didn't get around to subscribing to the LAF list until after 28 June, so that's probably why I missed Edmund's email ... re my talk on art, I would prefer as late as possible, august? Then i would have time to research and think about the subject; perhaps it could be more of a group discussion too.
  Does this sound like i'm chickening out?  Er...no.  I would like to do the talk a lot, I'm not sure what i can offer right now, apart from:

   the breaking free of art from the control of religion at first (evidence from Mesopotamia and Egypt onwards).
   then control was taken by the aristocracy.
   then control was passed to the ruling class.
   then control went to rich families.
   now, most control has gone to the art gallery cliques who dictate the current "fashionable" styles.
  Will continue my ramble soon...
  Barry