[LAF] Fwd: Re: Fwd

LONDON EVENTS londonevents2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 16:35:41 UTC 2007

The message below and my reply seem not to have been sent to the list  Ed

EDMUND MCARTHUR <antines at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: EDMUND MCARTHUR <antines at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [LAF] Re Book Fair Meets
To: Barry ODea <barryjodea at yahoo.co.uk>
CC: londonevents2004 at yahoo.co.uk

-Barry
Book Fair see  http://www.anarchistbookfair.org/

you could facillatate one of the 3 meets or
 do your thing as one of them if you wanted to put it
back further than Sep

If you want to go for that option copy your reply to
the list
Cheers
Ed

 Barry ODea  wrote:

> er...when is the bookfair? Is there any way i can
> help out?
>
> EDMUND MCARTHUR  wrote:  Ok
> Stevphen proceed as below and post to list
> Steve: Could we go ahead and book the space ?
> liase with Stevphen re how long meeting might last
> then once we havew confirmed one and the space for
> the
> other 2
> we can think again;
>
> Would it be a good idea to look for partners to co
> sponsor
the other two?
> ED
>

> stevphen shukaitis wrote:
>
> > Cool. Yes, it's just one meeting, not multiple.
> >
> > So.. I'm not clear on what I should do. I'm
> guessing
> > get together a
> > title and description and that kind of stuff, and
> > then to this list
> > to see what people think, right? But yeah, if
> > someone could give me
> > an idea of guidelines / process for putting
> > something together I'll
> > get right on it.
> >
> > Volodya, yes, I would tend to see anarchopedia and
> > projects like that
> > one form of non-hierarchal knowledge creation.
> > basically the gist is
> > that while many folks have ditched the idea of a
> > vanguard party, in
> > many ways styles of intellectuallism and theory
> > production are still
> > quite top down (i.e. the theorists do the thinking
> > and other act it
> > out, etc...), which carries on a vanguardist model
> > in a new form.
> > we're trying to ditch that and come with something
> > else... and to
> > connect the many different projects that are doing
> > the same thing as
> > well.
> >
> > cheers
> > stevphen
> >
> > ps - Incidentally, Autonomedia just released a new
> > book on those
> > great Dutch anarchists, the Provos:
> > http://www.autonomedia.org/Provo.
> > It's the first book on them in English and it
> quite
> > good.
> >

> > On Jul 26, 2007, at 10:46 AM, EDMUND MCARTHUR
> wrote:
> >
> > > Yes it does sound coo
> > > am not clear is this for one meeting or more
> > > whatever we
> > > should go with it
> > > Ed
> > >
> > > --