[LAF] Me, Freedom, and Childlove

EDMUND MCARTHUR antines at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 12:57:18 UTC 2007

Hi
  Its not clear to me if we have been banned or that this issue has been discussed by Simon with other members of the collective - no meeting has been held , and as far as I know Simon did not cc his email to me to anyone else-  Sash had no knowledge of it
  I will contact the office to confirm if we can go ahead on the  31st  then I thgink we shold look elsewhere anyway

  I have no problems discussing the issue  I think Steve is correct 12 seems about right for informed consent.  my concern would be the power relations that all

  I will phone sash to establish the position and get back
  Ed

Volodya <Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org> wrote:

Fellow, persons,

Yesterday it was known to me that Freedom Collective is considering to ban me from Freedom
Bookshop because of allegations that i support of childlove movement (sometimes referred
to ask 'paedophilia advocacy'). Because of the content of the e-mail that was sent to me i
believe that it started from an individual from one of the forums that i was recently
banned from (VF.net). I was banned from there after voicing my opinions on the issues of
ageism and childlove movement.

I was requested to clarify my stance on the issue for the Freedom Collective and i believe
that i have done so last night, here is the extract from what i've written:

To tell you the truth, i don't really know what i believe about the childlove issue in
particular. My relevant beliefs on the issue can be shortly described as following:
1. I believe in freedom of speech.
2. I totally oppose ageism in any shape of form (even when it tries to hide itself as
"protecting our children").
3. I believe that childlove movement members are not allowed to express their views in an
open to discussion forum.
4. I believe that the only way to figure out what childlove movement is all about is to
have an open discussion about the issue.
5. I do not believe in "protectionism". (It isn't directly related to childlove, but many
people confuse this particular belief of mine with lack of support to the victims of
abuse. This is *not* the case.)
6. I did not, nor have any plans to advocate childlove movement through London Anarchist
Forum.
7. I would have tried to discuss the issue to see what people think if given an
opportunity before, but now i am not sure if i would even do that.

Please note that by childlove i by no means refer to child rapists or child molesters. I
am in complete opposition to any form of non-consensual relationships, whether or not they
include children or not, and whether or not they include sex or not.

Let me make it clear:
I am not now nor have been since my politics began developing supporting non-consentual
relationships.

I've also voiced my criticism of any type of "no platform policy", while saying that i
respect Freedom Collective's freedom to implement such a policy within their own collective.

The reason why i'm writing this e-mail is because i am afraid that some sort of campaign
has been launched against me, with the goal of tracking down political groups that i am
involved with and "helping them" to ban me. While i do believe that i have nothing to hide
about my politics, even when those politics are unpopular, i am trying to anticipate
further occurrences of the "smear campaign".

Free your mind and seek the truth.
- Volodya

P.S. I hope that Freedom will decide not to ban me, and i will see you all on the 31st.

see Events & Issues website   http://www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com/events.html