[LAF] {Disarmed} FW: Special Events

Volodya Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Sun Nov 25 07:07:28 UTC 2007

My first reaction was that this is exact opposite to Tolstoyan vision of art which if not understood by the
masses is quite useless (since in here art is hinted to be something "high up"). But then i think it's quite
interesting, because it is an engaging form of art, and it can actually be the same vision just implemented
differently, by bringing the art and the people together, rather than by bringing the art to the people.

Thanks for sharing.

                   - VolodyA! V Anarhist

>       Special Events E-news
>

>         Launch of Vivienne Westwood's Art Manifesto, Active Resistance
>         to Propaganda
>

>           Saturday 1st December at 2pm
>
>     "The most important thing about this manifesto is that it is a
>     practice. If you follow it your life will change. In the pursuit of
>     culture you will start to think. If you change your life, you change
>     the world." - Vivienne Westwood
>     Join designer Vivienne Westwood to launch her new manifesto, Active
>     Resistance to Propaganda. Based on the premise that art gives
>     culture and that culture is the antidote to propaganda, the aim of
>     the Manifesto is to encourage all intellectuals in the fight against
>     propaganda. The manifesto reading will be followed by an opportunity
>     to ask questions.
>     The manifesto sees 25 characters from literature, art and history,
>     including Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Aristotle and Whistler,
>     meet. Through their dialogues the message of the manifesto becomes
>     clear. Alice will be read by Georgia May Jagger, daughter of Mick
>     Jagger and Jerry Hall, and Vivienne Westwood will direct
>     proceedings, narrating as ‘Active Resistance’ herself. The other
>     roles will be taken by members of the public.
>     By the end of her journey Alice concludes “Every time I read a book
>     instead of looking at a magazine, go to the art gallery instead of
>     watching TV, go to the theatre instead of the cinema, I fight for
>     the active resistance to propaganda.”
>     We urge you to join the debate, not forgetting you get out what you
>     put in.
>     /*The Wallace Collection* provides the perfect setting for the
>     official launch of Active Resistance. Westwood is a huge fan of the
>     collection particularly the 17th century Dutch paintings and 18th
>     century French works which she views as the peak of artistic
>     achievement. Key pieces in her fashion collections have been
>     influenced by artworks in the Wallace Collection, including
>     Boucher’s Madame de Pompadour, an 18th Century Boulle mirror and
>     Watteau’s fête galantes./
>

>         To book tickets please contact
>

>           Hayley Kruger
>           Administration Officer (Education)
>           020 7563 9551
>
>     booking at wallacecollection.org <mailto:booking at wallacecollection.org>
>     *Ticket Price:* £12 (£10 Concessions)
>     /There are a number of speaking parts. If you would like one of
>     these please tell us when you book. Speaking parts will be allocated
>     on a first-come first-served basis./
>     *PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS
>     ADULT CONTENT*

- --
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Voice of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin