[LAF] Fwd The Shock Doctrine

LONDON EVENTS londonevents2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 15:55:03 UTC 2007

I  have received the following with a request to circulate please do like wise   Thanks
  Ed
  =========================
  Dear everybody,

Please, if you can, take 5mins to watch the film in the link below and
send it to your networks.

'The Shock Doctrine' Directed by Alfonso Cuaron, Director of Y Tu Mama
Tambien and Children of Men, accompanies Naomi Klein's latest book 'The
Shock Doctrine - the Rise of Disaster Capitalism'. It's a perfect
introduction
to the ideas in the book. It's shocking and inspiring and ultimately
calming - watch it and you'll see what I mean!

The Shock Doctrine is the story of the secret history of the free
market
over the past 30 years. Spanning Thatcher's Britain, 'shock and awe'
Iraq, Pinochet's Chilie, Sri Lanka after the Tsunami, 'End of History'
Russia, and New Orleans in the wake of Katrina, Its' analysis and
narrative are orientating and inspiring and
adventurous. It is naming and explaining one of the key ideas behind
processes which many in this country and beyond have been witnessing,

subjected to and resisting over the years.

Its available in the UK from Friday September 21st unfortunately in
Hardback only til April of next year but three chapters have already
appeared in the Guardian
http://books.guardian.co.uk/shockdoctrine

Please watch the film and try and get your hands on the book!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kieyjfZDUIc

Here is book's website: http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine

          Visit The Events And Issues Website
  for LAF page and lots more