[LAF] FW: [hic] Haringey Independence Day - Sat 26 April

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:53:37 UTC 2008

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:58:22 +0100From: marlenebarrett at yahoo.co.ukTo: hic at haringey.org.ukSubject: [hic] Haringey Independence Day - Sat 26 April

as you probably know by now, instead of an evening film in April we are showing a series of films on Saturday 26th April as part of the Haringey Independence Day event, which will also have stalls, meetings, refreshments, children's activities - see the timetable below or get full programme details from www.haringey.org.uk/independenceday. It would be great if you could pass the info below on to anyone you know who might be interestedMarleneHaringey Independent Cinema

* please circulate widely *

Haringey Independence Day
Saturday 26th April
Haringey Independence Day is a gathering for everyone involved or interested in community activities and campaigns across the borough to share news and experiences, to find out what’s going on, to get inspired or get involved. It's on Saturday 26th April at the West Green Learning Centre - kids films from 10.30, everything else starts at 12. See below for a summary of what’s on during the day – or check out the full programme at www.haringey.org.uk/independenceday
Please pass this on to help publicise the day, or contact us now if you’d like flyers, posters or further information: phone 0845 223 5270 or email independenceday at haringey.org.uk

What’s on

All day: kids crèche, refreshments, stalls and information

10.30am: Kids Collective films: animated poetry

12.15 – 1.15pm
Meetings:
* How to start or strengthen a Community Group* May 1968, France - a sign of the future ?* How to fight casualisation and enforce your rights in the workplaceFilm: Animal Farm
Outside: Seedy workshop; Doctor Bike session

1.30 – 2.30pm
Meetings:
* Anti-Deportation Campaigning * Home Energy Workshop* A workshop for young people, their civil liberties and how to deal with police harassment. * Community Action in our NeighbourhoodsFilm: Their World This Time and Lift
Outside: History on the streets: celebrating our community – guided walk; Dr Bike session
2.45 – 3.45pm
Meetings:
* An introduction to Direct Action Casework* What will a Sustainable Haringey look like?* Life Under Occupation - Justice For Palestinians
* Let’s take Ownership of our Parks!Film: Ban The Bid and What Have You Done Today Mervyn Day?
Outside: Doctor Bike

4 – 5pm
* Whose Haringey - Whose World?* Pan Africanism “Forward Ever, Backward Never”
* Wards Corner Community Coalition* Stand up for Council Housing* Film: The Battle Of Cable Street and The Poll Tax Revolt
Outside: Doctor Bike

5.15pm What next for community action in Haringey – final coming together session

Saturday 26th April
12-6 (with children’s films from 10.30am)
at the West Green Learning Centre
Park View Academy
West Green Road (next to Downhills Park)
London N15
FREE ENTRY

Buses: 41, 341, 67, 230
Turnpike Lane or Seven Sisters tube

Supported by Haringey Independent Cinema, Radical History Network of NE London, Haringey Solidarity Group, Reel News
Get Hotmail on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 now!
http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx