[LAF] Some useful stuff on Russia-Georgia

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:37:54 UTC 2008

Non of the links seem to work

all of this shows that stated and state sponsored bodies like NATO the UN and the EU
cannot be trusted to act  for the best of reasons( so the Greens and other so called progressives who supported the bombing of Serbia in 1999 should be ashamed of themselves as should those  who supported the USSR and China  because of their so called  support for liberation struggles  when all they wanted to do was like the US  set up client states

Apparently under International law (in theory)  ALL peoples have the right to self determination not just those under colonial rule  or occupation
So Kosova, South Ossetian   Chechnya  Tibet  and Scotland for example all have the SAME right to ceed from the nation states of which they are supposed to be part

Anarchist of course would oppose the state formed from another state  but
individual self determination  is more likely if  you have lots of smaller states with limited jurisdiction and the possibility to escape from one to the other.,  after all  if State B gives me asylum just to spite state A from the point of view of my personal safety it makes no difference  and if I then run into trouble with state B(Because I am certainly not going to show my gratitude by supporting them if they do something  I oppose) I want to be able to escape to state C
Ed

Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com