[LAF] fwd JUSTICE 4 JEAN

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 16:09:57 UTC 2008

Please Circulate
Justice4JeanFamily Campaign
Jean Charles de Menezes 7.1.1978 - 22.7.2005
Dear Friends, On 22nd July 2005, 27 year old Jean Charles de Menezes was shot 7 times in the head by police officers at Stockwell tube station as part of a pre-planned anti-terrorism operation. No one has been held responsible for his death. After more than three years, the inquest into the death of Jean Charles de Menezes will finally open on 22nd September. It is expected to last three months. The inquest will be the first chance the family of Jean Charles will be able to put their questions to the police officers responsible for his death. It will also be the first time we will hear evidence from the fire-arms officers who killed Jean and the civilian witnesses to the killing. The inquest will be taking place at the Oval Cricket Ground in South London and Jean's mother and brother will be coming over from Brazil for part of it. The Justice4Jean campaign is organising a campaign meeting for all supporters to discuss what we can do before, during and
 after the inquest to raise public awareness of the inquest and to remind people that that three years on, still no one has been held responsible for Jean's brutal killing. Justice4Jean Campaign Meeting

Thursday 4th September 2008 6.30-8pm Room G2, School of Oriental and African Studies Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square WC1H 0XG ALL WELCOME (Hosted by SOAS Palestine Society)
The campaign is asking  supporters to attend the first day of the inquest – the 22nd September – and help us mobilise for this day.
We want to send a strong message out at the begining of the inquest and need your help to do it, so please join us on the 4th and get involved in the campaign for Justice 4 Jean. All the best Yasmin J4J Campaign  You can contact the campaign on: 07931337890 / 07709656251 Justice4jean at gmail.com <http://us.mc506.mail.yahoo.com/mc/comp

Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com