[LAF] [Anarchy-List] All Gender Group - December 14

Echo of Freedom EchoOfFreedom at riseup.net
Fri Dec 19 10:09:12 UTC 2008

dan combs wrote:
> At 10:13 AM 12/18/2008, Echo of Freedom wrote:
>> dan combs wrote:
>>> On Thu Dec 18  9:13 , Echo of Freedom  sent:

>>> Let me quote my good friend David Coull on this:  Bollocks.
>>> carp
>>
>> I think you misunderstand the statement here. This is something which
>> was discussed, doesn't mean that everybody thinks that. We didn't
>> discuss anything about anybody's bollocks though.
>

> I put the @-list back in the header.  I don't do private real well.
>
> Gender stereo-typing is bad news whether it be men diminishing women,
> women diminishing men, or transgenders in either role.   That anyone
> seriously had a thought that men as a gender are somehow subject to
> uncontrolled rape fantasy and they weren't called on it is bollocks. I
> do not see in your summary where there was any dissent.  Ergo, bollocks
> again.
>

> carp

Yes, i believe the discussion was more about male as sex, not as gender. I agree
with you though, gender does play a role in our society but there is no
"natural" state of it.

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin