[LAF] LAF TALK By Barry Monday 25th Feb 2007

EDMUND MCARTHUR antines at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 15:59:02 UTC 2008

Just one week to go-  a last chanc to remind any one you think might
  want to come. We also need to think about March
  We can set the date next Monday but we need to think about the topic/speaker
  (any volunteers please)
Ed
  ==================================
  LONDON  ANARCHIST FORUM

  The next  LAF Talk willbe on Monday 25th Feb 2008 8pm ish in the Foyer  at the Institute of Education  20 Bed ford Way
  (IMPORTANT SEE  note   on   website below  IF YOU INTEND TO COME
  The Talk will be Given by Barry O"Dea  who writes:

   Social unrest in ancient Egypt
  i'll probably call it above title rather than "anarchism in ancient Egypt".  This is because Egypt, far from being influenced by anarchists, was in fact the first successful nation state, as opposed to tribes and communities before "Egypt" came together as one political unit in 3000 BC, and compared to communities in other parts of the world during the same period.  Part of the absence of anarchist thought between 3000 BC and 400 AD (when the Christians took over) was a result of the relative prosperity and social stability that was enjoyed by ordinary Egyptians in comparison to people for example in other neighbouring communities like Sudan, Libya or Palestine. However, there were nevertheless periods of social unrest when central political control was overthrown and I can discuss this...

  http://eventsandissues.bravehost.com/LAF.html

  Shut Down Guantanamo Bay
see London Page  at
www.guantanamo.org.uk