[LAF] Important message : possible august talk

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 26 15:42:27 UTC 2008

Ed I won't make curry tonite, hopefully next week though.

But something good has cropped up, I've corresponded with Uri Gordon, author of a new book on anarchism that a lot of people are talking about (it looks very interesting) and he's doing a UK tour in August and I've taken the liberty of inviting him to speak at forum in Aug.

He's positively replied with some dates, can we choose one best for most of us and get back to him asap. Here's the dates xchange we had:

1 reply

You replied to Uri's post18 hours ago
Uri, I help organise a small anarchist discussion collective in London, the London Anarchist Forum. We are small and have next to no resources but manage monthly meetings and are well connected in both the grass roots traditional anarchist movement here and newer manifestations. If you name a weekday evening date in August or afternoon or evening date on weekend we coild set up an open discussion circle for you.

Steve

Uri Gordon replied to your post4 hours ago

Thanks! that sounds great! So we can do it either just after the climate camp (sun/mon 10/11.8) or on 25.8 when I´m briefly back from Wales and before I go to EF!. Any of those sound good?

Also maybe people would want to read something in advance? You can got to the page below and select whatever is most relevant to your group´s interests and ongoing discussions: http://ephemer.al.cl.cam.ac.uk/gd216/uri

Cheers
Uri
Reply to UriReport

You replied to Uri's post2 seconds ago
Cool. I'll pass these dates on to the group and get a consensus on a date then get back to you asap

Steve