[LAF] Lying snitch is sent to prison

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 10:48:27 UTC 2008

'The Escapist' The Camden New Journal has a review of a film out today which shows the WASTE of lives and also the abuse of prisoners which occurs, both as a result of incarceration per se as well as in individual cases.http://www.thecnj.co.uk/review/2008/061908/movies061908_02.html I intend to view this film on Tuesday 24 June 2008 at 8.30pm at Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue  (this is the cinema inside the Trocadero).  The full address is 13 Coventry Street, Piccadilly, W1D 7DH.  The price is a steep £10 [I know, but Vue is charging £12.15 for the same film and I don't have time to get to Holloway Road Odeon (£8)] . In the interests of showing the other side [har, har] here is the TimeOut review of the same film.http://www.timeout.com/film/reviews/85579/the-escapist.htmlYou will have seen that the two reviewers very largely contradict each other.  IMO, the TimeOut reviewer saw the first bit, jumped to conclusions, and never watched the whole film through.  I can say that although the CNJ reviewer hasn't been there long, I've always found his reviews considered, helpful, and socially aware.  Once I've seen the film for myself I can decide if either of them have made worthwhile reviews and post on their websites accordingly. If the film *is* as the CNJ reporter reviews it, this film could be a good social vehicle for showing to the general public, who might not otherwise think about it, the outrage of any prison system.

==================EDMUND/V pls forward this to nomoreprisons as I can't locate John's email address at the mo.
Ta v much