[LAF] Tube party!

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 21 00:29:13 UTC 2008

I pass this on in the interest of public safety!

Host: : People's Alliance for the Right to Party
Type: Party - Night of Mayhem
Start  Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 9:00pm
End : Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 12:30am

Circle Line, Liverpool St, Second to Last Carriage.
first train after 9pm at liverpool st station...

City/Town: London, United Kingdom

Party people of London!

Come one, come all, lend us your ears - this one's a
bit special..

So Boris has been elected, and he's banning drinking
on the underground. Fair enough you might think. No
more being harassed by crazies. But it also means no
more last drink before the club, no more champagne
frolics at new year's and no more tanked up Aussie
guys singing.

First a smoking ban, now a drinking ban, what's next?

But we're not giving in so easily! No no Monsieur.
We're organising one last party, one high-glamour,
weird-ass shindig on the circle line to royally give
the finger to Big Brother and this culture of
legislation and regulations. What's more, we're
holding it on the night before the drinking ban! Vive
la revolucion!

After Saturday 31st of May, nobody will ever be
allowed to drink on the tube again. In ten years,
it'll be up there with smoking in cinemas and having a
touch of crack after dinner. So - on this date, pull
out your ballgown, dust off your tuxedo and join us -
the exact times are yet to be finalised but it'll be
on the circle line, the second to last carriage that
arrives at each station at a specific time. Hopefully
we'll get a load of people all dressed super
glamorously casually having a soiree on the same
carriage of the tube. There could be 15 of us, there
could be 150. Such is the power of facebook!

This is basically just a preliminary
testing-of-the-water to see who'd be interested and up
for it. So...Are you in?

So. The Circle Line takes approximately 50 minutes to
do a full erm.. circle. We'll be travelling clockwise!
Stay for hours or for a few stops, it doesn't matter,
and who knows where we'll end up finishing the night!

*UPDATE!!!*

Kids and kidettes, it's official - we're getting on
the first train to pass Liverpool street after the
clock strikes 9PM , second to last carriage,
travelling CLOCKWISE! huzzah and thrice huzzah!

I'm going to work out what time to get the same train
at each consecutive station - I'm sure we won't be
easy to miss though! I reckon it's something like
this:

9.02 at tower hill, 9.14 at embankment, 9.20 at
Victoria and so on. May be wrong but I'm sure that's a
damn good guess. More on this to follow. Spit spot.

This is a terribly genteel affair, what, so let's do
this in some serious style. Think cocktail party
glamour, think electrogogo glitter craziness, think
flamboyant over-the-toppery. Do whatever you like, but
let's do it in style!

Two little rules, obvious though they may sound:

1 - drink responsibly, whatever that might mean..

2 - be nice! Spread the love baby, we're making this
happen together!

That's it for now, partypeople's. Get the date in your
diary and let's make this a night to remember!