[LAF] Petition in support of the Tiananmen Mothers PLUS 4th June Event

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 23 20:02:46 UTC 2008

     Please Click below for details, sign and circulate

       http://www.amnesty.org.uk/china/petition.asp

Demonstrate in London: Tiananmen Square, 19 years on
Date: Wed 4 June 2008
On 4 June it will be 19 years since the brutal crackdown on democracy protestors in Tiananmen Square.
Please join us in taking action in solidarity with the Tiananmen Mothers - a group of around 130 campaigners whose close relatives were killed or injured during the Tiananmen Square demonstrations in 1989.
The symbol of the Tiananmen Mothers is the red rose and each year they try to place red roses in Tiananmen Square to commemorate their loved ones. Each year the authorities prevent them from doing so.
Visible public action is crucial now to create international pressure on the Chinese authorities not to react with more violence against people standing up for human rights in the lead up to the Olympics and beyond. Please join us as we stand in solidarity with the Tiananmen mothers and call for human rights in China.
Mark this date in your diary now !
Oh, and to be clear from the start: Our campaign is not "anti-China"; it is against specific abusive policies of the Chinese regime and in support of the people who suffer from them, regardless of their ethnicity.

Join our campaign for human rights in China
Are you on Facebook? Join the event on Facebook
To publicise this event, download the demonstration flyer (pdf)

Event Type
Demonstration

Event venue
Chinese Embassy, 49-51 Portland Place, W1B 1JL

Time
6.00pm - 7.00pm

Contact
Activism Team