[LAF] FW: Hobgoblin Online updated

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 23:11:52 UTC 2008

From: Hobgoblinlondon at aol.comDate: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 04:09:31 -0400Subject: Hobgoblin Online updated To: rabernethy at hotmail.com

Friends and comrades, as of Sept 6 Hobgoblin Online has been updated with four new articles.
Dave
Abolish Money?
Following our call to “get real” about “alternatives to capitalism” John Steinvold drew our attention to his "utopian" article in American Daily, which argues “The advantages of a way of life without money stagger the imagination; but they are real and cannot be disputed. Perhaps it is time for us to grab the brass ring.” David Tate questions the arguments. MORE
How Red Was Plato?
By David Black
No capitalist would want to live in a Republic like Plato’s, which excludes from goverment all those who pursue wealth at the expense of others. Even worse for them, to make sure they stay excluded, the Republic forbids any individual from accumulating inordinate riches. MORE
All Cats Are Grey

John Gray's Black Mass: Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia
Reviewed by Stephen Harper. MORE

Debate on Lukacs' Theory of Reification

Chris Cutrone of the Platypus Affiliated Society critiques David Black's critique MORE