[LAF] LAF Digest, Vol 54, Issue 12

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Tue Aug 18 12:18:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:45:55AM +0000, steve ash wrote:

> I find this list extremely difficult to use as I only want to recieve
> the digest, but then get a jumble of messages with reprints of past
> messages mixed up with new messages and things impossible to find
> without going to the archive, but then I cant reply via the archive so
> have to return to email, so I've stopped using and will go back to
> direct email. Feel free to reply on the list as well as to me for
> others benefit tho.

Digest is only useful for the situation where you have no desire to
actively participate but just want to keep ane eye on what is happening.
Taking part in a discussion is virtually impossible if you are using
digest mode. I find the list easy to use but only because I have not
switched to digest. It is certainly easier than trying to maintain the
same sort of group communication using direct email.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/