[LAF] LAF meet follow up

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 13:02:01 UTC 2009

We thought it would be a good idea to show a film about Seattle 1999
it being 10 years on. venue still seems to be a problem  unless we can use LARF on a Friday evening.  we cannot have anything at Housmans till March and even then we have to hurry
see  www.housmans.com
Ed
 PS
I think if you are gay  or female or you just want to live your life freely you have every reason to fear Islam. on the other hand if you are a poor Muslim living
in the East End you have every reason to  fear the BNP and Muslim guest workers  in France and Germany have a lot to fear from the EU

But  the basic point being made on the site I think-   and its not to say it might not have been set up by politically dodgy people thought it did not strike me being particularly pro capitalist apart from the lat point about Conservatives  and they were simply being listed as  one group among many   -    was that the term Islamophobic is being used by certain Muslim leaders to confuse the lines
between racism and criticising Islam

So that any crtique of Islamic practices are equated for example with the use
of "anti terror" laws against  Muslims in particular(to date MOST victims of theses laws have been Muslim but does not mean it will be the case in the future or that they  were brought in for the purpose of targeting Muslims
By the way there are plenty of Muslims who are pro-Capitalist including all of the Muslim  MPs  plus the rulers of the Gulf states  and supporters of Iran
Ed

 gn=left>Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com
see also