[LAF] LAF Digest, Vol 47, Issue 17

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 19:17:51 UTC 2009

Fair points all,
 but where do you ID the liberal elements in Islam?
 To me they jmostly
become ex Muslims most of whom seem to be communist  at least the ones I know
{ don't see any elements in Islam promoting women's rights for example)

I understand the US funds Islamic groups  and they need an enemy but you could say the same thing about the Muslim fun dies and the communists tat were who all seem to have become capitalists.   (
But for me a moderate Muslim is one who wears a smart suite . talks softly and gets invited to have tea and Biscuits with the Minister and like his Christian counterpart has real influence even with cynical atheists politicians
So its more religion I am against than Islam in particular in fact in the context of the UK
I am more worried about the Catholic Church than Islam-  but if I lived in Iran,,,,,,,

Although I agree religion will always be with us( (I am going to die before any significant change)   that is no reason to compromise with it
The same is true of Capitalism  and authoritarian  in fact with the latter we have gone backward,

 After the High point of the 60s reform there is now more racism
homophobia and misogyny around among young people so I claim the right to continue to tilt at this particular windmill evem if \I am not going to win
every practical improvement on the human condition is related to reducing religion even if it cannot be got rid of, every reform to date has been mostly opposed by the religious even if the bought into it afterwards
Anyway I dont expect this rant to change anybodys mind
Ed

Ed MacArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com
see also