[LAF] Migrant Workers in the UK Sex Industry

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:18:55 UTC 2009

Volodya

When you attended the presentation did you manage to find out the breakdown of numbers of the 100 people and their position in the sex industry?  How many were working as prostituted people?  How many as cinema staff (front of house?  ice cream sellers?)?  Lap dancers?  Telephone work (receptionist in a brothel arranging appointments?  telephone-sex?)?  How many other roles were represented amongst the total of 100 people interviewed for the survey of migrant workers?

"We interviewed migrants working in all commercial-sex businesses, including selling sex as independent escorts and in flats, telephone work, lap-dancing, erotic cinemas and so on"

Joy