[LAF] On Porn & The Sex Industry and more

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 13:14:28 UTC 2009

Since I have abandoned pure anarchism  I don't have the problem
of thinking that the "rights" of everyone are the same
so I don't have to get myself in a spin trying to reconcile conflicting rights
I just make a choice as to which is more important (I accept this is subjective but dogmatically assert that I am right from an ethical point of view)

If you accept "rights in the first place I dont see how you can despute
that the  "rights" of the rapists are not the same as the rights of the woman who has been raped  the rights of the man who has a desire for porn are less important
than the rights of women and children not to be degraded by the sex industry
in order that the man can have access to porn

The " rights" of  parents to smack their children are less important than the rights of children not to be assaulted

The "rights" of racists to free speech are less important than the rights of the people against whom that speech is directed
and so it goes on

All of the above is of course pure dogma, but so is the opposite position in each case and so is the idea that the rights are equal in each case

So I have chosen for better or worst my Dogma - I dont  have a problem with that word
(I am dogmatically against the Afghan War and nothing can convince me other wise)

So  the sex industry exploits woman and children (mostly),  if it takes some legal
intervention to stop it so be it

  I dont understand why anarchists think this is something they have to oppose as long as the target of the law  are thoses who exploit rather than those who are being exploited.

 Just what does it have to do with building the other world that vis possible  unless
this is to be a world for white middle class males who are the customers of the sex industry

As to prison the only thing wrong with prison is the harsh conditions and psycho pathetic staff

I could see a "prison" that was just an Island where people were sent
and allowed to fend for themselves but they could never leave
or  a prison run like a not unpleasant hotel the only unpleasant thing would be
not being able to leave

If the people so confined were murderers, rapists and other wise a danger to society
whats so bad about protecting society  or rather the right of society to protect it self,  with out using brutality ?

 Why should anyone care about someone who has
murdered or raped and now is simply not allowed to leave home.

This it seems to me an improvement on the present idea of punishment for its own sake, the alternative of some anarchists of excecution and of others of simply letting them go to do it again

Those  who are dogmatically anti prison have no short term alternative
Even if anti social behavior is caused by the present society, you still have to offer a practical solution to be taken seriously
Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com
see also
www.freewebs.com/bookevents