[LAF] more sex rights

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 02:47:25 UTC 2009

Ed, I suspect your island prison solution the islands would have to be bigger than the mainland because most people would be there.

But seriously, where do you think these offenders come from, of course they are a product of society and would not exist in an anarchist society, IMO in any transitory state they would simply not be allowed to survive, either through their execution or because the anti-social would not be part of any society and therefore have any food or shelter provisions. I think you're being soft on them by giving them a nice cozy island to live on. I agree there's a problem with 'liberal anarchism' and 'anarcho-pacifism' but it seems to me that ur also still partly an example of it. Any real anarchist society would have to be a little more ruthless than that to survive.

I also note you slipped from exploited to degraded in this post. The issue of explotion is one of coersion or abuse not 'degradation'. Degradation is entirely subjective and often reveals a sex negative attitude (for instance that objectification of a person is in some way a bad thing, when all genders do it to all other genders as often as they subjectify them, this being a part of human nature), and this smacks of somekind of unrealistic idealisation of humanity. Some people even enjoy being 'degraded' and if they do and chose it freely they are not experiencing degradation in any real sense. The only person who can judge whether they are degraded or not is the person themselves, so we return to free choice.