[LAF] Disgusted by the misogyny on this list

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:44:48 UTC 2009

Volodya

Your dismissal (using the words, "There's nothing in what is written above that is even worth disputing, as it is simply made up") of the email you quote below is invalid.  On the contrary, I think the phrase "if any one disagrees with you, that means they hate sex, so you don’t have to listen to them either!" is clearly accurate and can be backed up by reading many of your emails where you repeatedly ignore anti-prostitution arguments by instead making personal attacks on the people who speak, to avoid discussing their valid criticisms.  To give one example from the top of my head, you erroneously attempt to dismiss valid analysis by referring to pro-women feminists as "anti-sex" in an obvious attempt to discredit them and by implication their views.  Nobody should put up with harassment of this kind and it is quite right to speak out about it.  All such harassment of speakers should cease, and discussion should stay focussed on the facts, realities, experience and ideas without personal attacks on any contributors.  Personal attacks are not amusing, and are not meant to be amusing to the person or people attacked, they are just abuses of power and are used as a tactic for several reasons, none of them valid in genuine debate and none of them valid in promoting congeniality except amongst the 'in-group'.  No one should have to put up with such behaviour.

Joy