[LAF] Re Re: anarcha-feminism

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:35:57 UTC 2009

Well said, Ed

Joy

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:16:53 +0000
From: antines at yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re Re: [LAF] anarcha-feminism
To: steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk; laf at lists.aktivix.org; joy_helbin at hotmail.com

I  agree with everything below  that Joy has said, you do seem to be rather  sexist
in your attitudes to Joy and Sarah dismissing them while making no attempt to address the issues

Sarah is most certainly not a troll as I understand the term, she is a member of this list with a legitimate view which you don't happen to like so you resort to cheap insults, not good and not indicative of a more positive attitude to women's rights
among  some male anarchists in the near future

In addition I have still not had it explained  why  defending
porn is so  much more important than
defending the rights of women and children

Porn does reflect the misogynistic attitude to women with out
a doubt,  so to defend it in the name of "Free Speech" is tunnel vision

The argument "I have a right to look at what I like"  ignores the fact
that  there  is also the question of the women and children who are
 harmed in its making of porn Joy has a lot of information about this

I repeat porn is a multi million pound industry
and customers of porn are most definitely part of-the problem as they are helping
to keep porn merchants in business, why in a liberated future would men still want to gaze at pictures of women in degraded situations ?  Why is this part of so called

"human nature" ? (I dislike this term it strikes me as something like a secular version

of original  sin it seems to imply that people cannot change, if this is true then there is no possibility of an anarchist society)

Ed

Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com
see also