[LAF] (en) International Queer Solidarity Network – Call to Action!

VolodyA! V Anarhist Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Mon Jun 8 14:52:32 UTC 2009

The International Queer Solidarity Network (IQSN) is calling on all
anti-fascists to stand
in solidarity with the Bulgarian Queer community this 27th, June 2009. ---- On
June 28,
2008, the 39th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in NYC, USA, the Bulgarian queer
community marched in celebration and for their survival in a country stricken
with fascism
and were aggressively attacked by the neo-Nazis who threw Molotov cocktails and
small
explosives at the parade. ---- The fascist Bulgarian National Union called for a
"Week of
Intolerance" and for nationalist groups to organize themselves against the queer
community
in order to prevent the Pride march.  Fortunately, no injuries were reported,
however more
than eighty skinheads were arrested for their attacks upon queer people and allies.

This year, in the face of extreme repression, Bulgarian queers are preparing
to march again in defiance of fascism and bigotry and in celebration of
their lives.  While last year the Nazis were factional and small in number,
this year the different nationalist parties are working together to maximize
their attack on the march.  Nationalist parties in Bulgaria are growing
quickly.  One of the Parliament members of one of these parties, ATAKA, has
already called publicly for "the men to beat up the gays" and other
nationalist parties are taking similar stands.  Now more than ever, it is
important that the international anti-fascist community must stand next to
Bulgarian queers and all Bulgarian people and support their right to
self-determination and safety.

IQSN is calling for an anti-fascist mobilization to support queer people in
Bulgaria at this years Pride march on June 27th, 2009.  Last year 150
fascists were present; we can only expect more this year.  We are calling
for a diversity of tactics with respect to the long-term needs of the queers
in Bulgaria.  For more information on the history and mobilization, please
go to www.iqsn.org.  IQSN is also calling for queers around the world to
form local collectives and join this new international network to further
the global struggle for universal liberation.

Spread the word!

*Because Queer Knows No Borders--*

International Queer Solidarity Network

www.iqsn.org <http://iqsn.org/>
iqsn at riseup.net
sofiagaypride2009 at gmail.com

About Us

The International Queer Solidarity Network is a developing network of
collectives and
individuals working to strengthen the global movement of queer liberation. IQSN
brings to
light the injustices faced by the Queer community world-wide, and builds global
solidarity
with local struggles. IQSN is part of the larger movement building a world that
is free
from oppression of all people, including queer and trans people.

Points Of Unity:

* Our work thrives to provide a true sense of total liberation for everyone as
we desire
to live in a world that is free from discrimination, hatred and intolerance.
* We support a diversity of tactics, ranging from web-based and person-to-person
education, to electoral/legislative campaigning to direct action and militant
resistance.
* We stand in solidarity and support the tactics used by the community most
affected.
* We oppose domination and hierarchy in all it’s forms.
* We value the skills and wisdoms possessed by the many different cultures in
our world,
and support the right to cultural self-determination.
* We believe that governments and institutions are violent and oppressive forces
to queer
and trans people and other marginalized peoples.
* As part of a global movement towards universal liberation, we recognize the
interconnectedness of all forms of oppression. Queer and trans people will not
be free
until all people are free! and that means you, muthafuckas!!!
* We are in solidarity with all groups and individuals working to end oppression on
institutional, socialized, and inter-personal levels.
May 8th, 2009