[LAF] Radical Voice

Simon Collister simon.collister at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:49:07 UTC 2009

Great idea Steve.

If could add some comments...

I think you should make it two issues a year - even if they appear
roughly 6 months apart. This will help people who will know to expect
the next issue rather than wonder if/when it will appear.

Also, setting yourself deadlines means the issue is much more likely
to appear :)

I think you'll need to consider design - as like it or not a well
designed mag is likely to be picked and read by wider audiences.
BUT... good design doesn't have to be fancy design. I'd point to
Rolling Thunder (http://www.crimethinc.com/rt - if you dont know it)
as a flashy, well designed mag; but equally Lobster has a cela, smart
look but is virtually undesigned. There's no online image of the mag
itslf - but it's a wonderful plain black text on white; hand-bill
appraoch. You can get a copy from Borders(!).

I think padding with classic anarchist texts is a great idea too....
but can I plea that 'classic' also means post-industrial anarchisms
too.... e.g.the likes of Bookchin, Hakim Bey etc. In fact thinkig of
it... you could potentially use the reprinted texts to provide a
history of anarchist thought....

Finally, I am willing to assist with editing/writing/etc.... but have
a young family and not sure how much time I can commit but willing to
offer.
Simon

Simon Collister | www.simoncollister.com