[LAF] [allgendergroup] Fuck For Forest at A-Kongress

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 23:10:22 UTC 2009

"Maybe the people screaming to us and threatening us because
> we were naked or part of a non-profit erotic website should think
> about what the word sexism means; Suppressing someone because of their
> sexuality or sexual orientation. And this was now happening to us"

Quote from [male] FFF member

Er no, actually, sexism is *not* suppressing someone because of their sexuality or sexual orientation (that's homophobia, etc, etc), sexism is treating someone in a certain way as if they were a member of a  "class" because of their assigned gender.  Under patriarchy this might mean, as a couple of examples

1.  not allowing girls or women into lucrative professions and/or keeping them in unpaid or underpaid occupations, and

2.  conscripting men and boys but not women or girls as soldiers, training them to kill, and sending them to war to kill and be killed.

It doesn't seem likely that FFF were objected to because of their nakedness but it does seem from the report by Gabriel Kuhn, and by the report of the comrade who first alerted Volodya, that some member/s of FFF acted agressively and made sexist and homophobic remarks.  Before going into denial and accusing others of not only lying, but lying deliberately and maliciously moreover, to try to discredit FFF, an attempt could have been made to consider whether the behaviour of [a] certain member/s of FFF might have contributed/ignited the trouble by their insulting (not sexy*, but sexist) offensive (not 'publicy sexual' but plain boorish) behaviour.

Joy

*I agree some people confuse sex and sexism, FFF's statement shows signs of this.