[LAF] Future of LAF mailing list

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Mon Aug 14 18:18:52 UTC 2023

Hello everyone. I set up this mailing list in March 2005 for the London Anarchist Forum, which at the time was a small group of people who sometimes met up in London for discussions.

I just got an email from an Aktivix techie letting me know that there will be server maintenance on Saturday 26th August starting at 8am

The email also explained that they are trying to clean up the server and that the list will be deleted unless they receive a request to keep it by 30th September at the latest

I was looking at the list archive and found that there were only 3 posts this year, all by Erin Araujo in June (none of them elicited any response)

So my inclination is to tell Aktivix that the list is not being used and allow it to be deleted

What I propose is that I wait for a week from the date of this email and if there isn’t significant support for keeping the list I go ahead and tell Aktivix that they can delete it.

I don’t know whether there is anyone other than me who has the admin password (I think Steve Ash had it but he is unfortunately no longer with us). I don’t want to be responsible for the list anymore so if it is not deleted someone else will have to step up to be an administrator.

Thanks,
Ian