[matilda] Event booking suggestion

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Tue Aug 2 13:36:12 BST 2005

Hallo again,

Ha ha!  Your in-boxes will weep before I'm finished!  Ha ha! Er... anyhow.

For yesterday's meeting, I got a draft event booking form done.  Couldn't show
anyone coz it was virtual, but I've attached a copy now.

I've also done a simple form-to-mail online booking form, which I'll send a link
to shortly.  People could fill in online and the details will go through to
matilda at ... (I think the moderator will need to approve the e-mail, though,
unless someone more techie can tell me how a PHP-sent e-mail could be
registered on a list... I'm presuming it doesn't just go by the given from
field...?)

And!  I thought it would be useful to have an online calendar. Can anyone see
anything wrong with using the Sheffield IMC section of protest.net for this
purpose?

http://protest.net/imcsheffield/

(Note: click on month view and you'll see I've added the next meeting...)

An online booking system would mean we wouldn't have to rely on one book in
Matilda. Paper booking, or by phone or whatever, could also just go straight
online - although someone would have to take responsibility for that.  And it
would mean people could see at a glance if there's a clash, or whether it might
be a complimentary event, who to contact, etc.

As I say, I may not be here on Monday, so I'll try to get a demo done by then.
At any rate, I've attached a draft paper booking form, based on the meeting we
had.  Something's bound to be wrong with it, so let me know...

Cheers,

Dan