[matilda] Guiding Principles.

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Thu Aug 4 13:51:09 BST 2005

Yes nice work ben and here are some of my meny thoughts on this read on:

The word communiqué.

Dear amp you are very much a welcome part of the project MATLDA. However, we
talked over Ben's very fine words at Mondays meeting. For myself I feel we have
a space that is being under used and far to much pontificating at meetings is
going down for my liking. Plus this is putting others of from being active in
the space.

Of course we need to talk and plan what we are going to do with such a massive
space and my e mail Communiqué Temporary Autonomous Zones was a very direct and
positive reply to the anger I felt from Mondays meeting.

" Temporary Autonomous Zones was a moment where people could come together out
of the world of capitalism it's self-imposed rules and morality. Where people
could be just themselves come to understand in a safe space why people do act
as she had done towards himself and the way he had reacted back towards her.
Here we could start to understand each other gain inner wisdom respect and love
for each other."

Is what I wrote in the short story Communiqué Temporary Autonomous Zones so
while I agree we need to work out what our guidelines are. We need to also
understand that politics is not just about meetings. Selling papers to each
other. Politics should be about healing giving the space-time love and trust
for people to heal and come together.

Here we have that very real opportunity to do just that 48 rooms where some of
dreams can come true where this giant of a political movement that once was the
republic of south Yorkshire can awaken itself. Again I felt it very much a real
disgrace when the g8 was in town the very small actions and demos. Felt an
anger at the resources that was used such as cloth paint and paper for what
end? Other than the massage of our own, fucking egos?

Yes it was fun my probity oh my probity Redemption blow my head of "me love the
bass" and very much looking foreword to them being here again in the near
future. Since the G8 there has been some very real and awesome moments at
MATILDA yes it will take time. However to sit here day following day often on
my own when I know this place should be alive as it was during the g8 and the
lost film fest dose anger me.

Again I repeat politics should be more than politics it should be about healing
love understanding and coming together for me love is far more an insurrection
than insurrection itself. Especially in these times.

With this in mind, we need to walk this path in careful thoughtful style and
anarchy logos on moles the word communiqué will not be of use to us but of very
serious detriment.

We have a very chance of getting this space long term and to do this however
hard it might be for some we have to play the game of capitalism. Idd call this
subverting capitalism. Take a look here http://lowtech.org and how have they
become a charity? Long hard slog and work it gets us from here to there. This
not a compromise but a use of a space that could face demolition /
refurbishment into work spaces at rents artist such as oneself can not pay.
(will not)

MATLIDA was the home of Yorkshire Art Space now moved into persistence works and
here the rents are far to high. There are artists across Sheffield who faces
this problem. We are told our contributions are a part of the regeneration of
Sheffield. Only to find we can not practice our art because we can not afford
the high rents being asked. Notice the contradiction? Of there speak.

For myself I can get studio space and pay the rent as in the terms of capital
one is a well known respected artist so I can apply get funding for my work.
This is a compromise as often my work is political. However, we should look
toward every path of funding opportunities for MATLIDA because as myself I will
not compromise my political art.

This should not come into play at MATLIDA as we have the very opportunity to
provide and give space for the healing of the meny broken people here in
Sheffield. Please take time consideration to read  Communiqué Temporary
Autonomous Zones.

0742