[matilda] Re: Matilda Conflicts

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Aug 9 01:54:41 BST 2005

Here's a quote that gets to the way things should be, and a message for
M too. It could be a way to describe MATILDA:

"It allies itself with the dispossessed, with those resisting
oppression, not with the forces of control.  It must be useful to those
who may not have formal education, or state-issued licenses.  Therefore
it must be understandable. It is not anti-intellectual, but it realises
that intellect divorced from feeling is a itself a part of our pain.
Its insights are conveyed in a language that is concrete, a language of
poetry, not jargon; it is a vocabulary not of the elite but of the
common, and its concepts can thus be tested by experience."
{Starhawk}

'Intellect divorced from feeling is a itself a part of our pain.'  That
stands out for me just now.  That's why I really appreciate what jgibbon
says about openness and vulnerability.

F**k it - when they come to kick us out, why don't we say 'no?'  I mean
- what other social centres have their own *moat*?  Shall we start
stocking up on tins of beans???

love

Dan