[matilda] Mon 29th meeting minutes

Benjamin Major complexitybenjamin at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:00:19 BST 2005

29th August Matilda Meeting.

18 people present

Proposals / Changes to Proposals

-C90 on 8th October put in diary.

-Clown meeting on Monday 19th September

-Academics doing work on Marxist / anarchist theory to do a series of
seminars in October.

-Conflict Resolution- anyone who can do a workshop? No takers.

-Gig proposal. ‘Free party’ Any profit split between the unfortunate people
who were burgled during ShefStock and a worthy political cause.

-Everyone invited to Brambles party on 24th Sep. Keep things away from this
date?

-‘Kabal’ party- run many successful parties, wish to run one at Matilda. 50p
or a pound per head. But this is negotiable. Invite him to one of our
Thursday socials to discuss further.

-Dissent gathering on 14th, 15th and 16th October. This clashes with doc
film fest + magical mystery tour, but is this a problem? Organizers of these
events to discuss this together.

Updates

-A blueprint has been finalised for ‘how to run a party at Matilda’

-Basement is progressing. Gig collective now have meetings- 7pm Monday just
before main meeting.

-Hacklab now has computers and sofas! Just needs to be hooked up. More
members wanted to join hacklab collective.

-Mural design ready on paper.

-Kitchen collective are going to start moving kitchen upstairs. This
Wednesday at 10 to be precise. Call out for more help. And resources-
cupboards, fridge. Café meeting soon.

Other Things

-Gig collective speaks: A space which promotes DIY activities. Looking for
consensus. Suggestion that one member of gig collective goes along to
legal-long term future meetings to aid communication. People are genuinely
behind the DIY ethic but concerns are raised about long-term future of
building. Consensus about keeping DIY principles is reached. If the building
does get into crisis point- we do our own fundraising.

-Proposal was made on list for fundraising collective..

-Electricity bill. We will get one. Do we have money to pay it? LTT says we
will need some money in front of us for the future.

-Bank account will be set up. D will do this, with LTT and J as other
signatories.

-Someone raises concern that these signatories do not represent the
diversity of the group (D and J are ‘professionals’ This makes it easier for
paperwork?) J is added.

-Constitution may be needed for bank account.

-Basement murals. Art collective had proposed murals 4 basement but gig
collective didn’t realise this before. There has been a break up in
communication. Art Collective could use another wall (e.g. café wall)
instead

-Collective’s transparency is emphasized: meetings should be minute to
prevent the above happening again.

-Someone should put a page on the wiki regards resources for collectives.
Also put up lists on noticeboard.

-Proposal that people using an art studio should have a key. Only one (S’s
studio) at the moment. Meeting consensus.

-We should get something on the wall in the main room which tells people
what rooms are in use at particular times. People r doing this tomorrow.

-Proposal for an overlooking maintenance / infrastructure group. Some people
volunteer to do this.

Meeting closes.