[matilda] agenda items meeting Monday 5 December

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sat Dec 3 19:00:14 GMT 2005

Sheffield-Hacklab has got a couple of PC's that are a little better than the
others we have ( they are 700 MHz Pentium III with 128 MB RAM ).  They could be
placed in the cafe and meeting room.  How do people feel about that ?  Where
else could they be placed?  Would any of the other rooms benefit from having a
networked computer?

Sheffield-Hacklab has been donated a nice reliable computer that can act as a
file server (http://www.matilda.aktivix.org/collectives/hacklab/sun-ultra/ ).

This will allow digital media to be made available in any place in the building
where there is a networked computer.

I don't think I'll be at the meeting on Monday.  But perhaps we could get some
feedback on these ideas from the other people there.

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily