[matilda] new party's...

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Thu Dec 8 14:36:15 GMT 2005

It is not a sheffstock party it is an NTA (northern techno alliance) party.

I am good friends with both fatmoon and the nta it is difficulty to
quantify which group of people i love more so i couldnt rule favouritism
as a reason why the event went ahead.  However i dont beleive that
favouritism was the primary reason.

The thing is that matilda could always do with abit of money for heating
etc... and the nta have equiptment that they would like to fix so they
thought that if we work together we would both benefit.  Furthermore the
nta have said that if we put on an event together then they would offer
out their equiptment for any future event at matilda e.g. indymedia
fundraiser etc...

I suppose it is a matter of timing, fatmoon have a suitible venue for
their next event anyway so they dont need us at the moment.  The nta would
prefer somewhere abit more private for their winter events and matilda
hasnt had a party for a while so as erryl put it "it is a match made in
heaven really".

The meeting on monday agreed to the party but only with very strict
guidelines (probably the most stringent guidelines so far).  Erryl said
that he will bring a few people down to matilda in the week before to make
sure any work that needs to be done is done before the event starts.

I dont think that matilda has gone overboard on the amount of parties, we
have a party on average once every two months.  This is lower than anyone
was suggesting a few months ago when people were disscussing what is a
suitible amount of parties to have in the building.

---

As a side note, i may have to off-load the "matilda liason person" job
because the negotiations as to whether i am going to be able to get the
night off work are ongoing...

---

from
cuthbert