[matilda] heating - a not terribly helpful update

dougald hine writetodougald at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 18:48:44 GMT 2005

I won't be able to make it tonight, but this is a quick report back on
my enquiries about heating - which I undertook to explore two weeks
ago.

I posted a request on Freecycle, and got several responses from people
with experience of similar situations, but no offers of heaters. Each
of the replies said our top priority should be to improve insulation.
One person recommended that we hang rugs on the walls of the main
room, as this apparently makes a huge difference.

I know that Audio told us of someone offering to make curtains several
weeks ago - I don't know if anyone has followed up on this? Curtains
would certainly reduce the amount of heat we're losing through
windows.

I'm sorry I haven't got more time or expertise to put in to solving
this, because it's a real problem.

--
Dougald Hine
46 Alderson Road, Sheffield S2 4UD