[matilda] PGA Hallmarks - an item for the 18th July meeting agenda?

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Jul 13 12:48:31 BST 2005

Hi

I wonder if it would make sense to agree that the Matilda
social centre would use the PGA Hallmarks as one of it's
founding principals?

These are simple and clear:

  1. A very clear rejection of capitalism, imperialism and
     feudalism; all trade agreements, institutions and
     governments that promote destructive globalisation.

  2. We reject all forms and systems of domination and
     discrimination including, but not limited to,
     patriarchy, racism and religious fundamentalism of
     all creeds.

     We embrace the full dignity of all human beings.

  3. A confrontational attitude, since we do not think
     that lobbying can have a major impact in such biased
     and undemocratic organisations, in which
     transnational capital is the only real policy-maker;

  4. A call to direct action and civil disobedience,
     support for social movements' struggles, advocating
     forms of resistance which maximize respect for life
     and oppressed peoples' rights, as well as the
     construction of local alternatives to global
     capitalism.

  5. An organisational philosophy based on
     decentralisation and autonomy.

  http://www.nadir.org/nadir/initiativ/agp/free/pga/hallm.htm

Perhaps this could be an agenda item for the meeting on
Monday 18th July?

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World