[matilda] what about a meeting?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Sat Jun 25 09:46:12 BST 2005

Hia,

We had a meeting on Thursday, which aimed to discuss some of the
practicalities of the building.  Not surprisingly - as some people
worried - we talked about more than just practicalities!  There was a
good, passionate discussion about the nature and problems of power, for
a start.  And a lot of slipping into dreaming about how great the
building could be.  At any rate, the meeting went beyond its remit, so
nothing said there can be anything more than a chat among friends.

Not that anything should ever be more than a chat among friends... after
all, what does it mean to be official / quorate / motion carried?  If
someone misses a meeting, but then they object to something that
happened, should they not have the power to challenge that decision?
After all, each and every person has their own unique insight into the
collective psyche of a group of people.  Equally, newcomers may see
something that others, too embedded in a mindset, may fail to see.

Er... anyway!  There was a question about a meeting.  At the last one,
it was decided not to meet again until 18th July.  But if anyone wants
to meet up for a drink, just to dream and talk, that would be cool...

Dan
----