[matilda] urbanparanoia need people..

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Wed Jun 29 21:59:25 BST 2005

Quoting worldwarfree at riseup.net:

> an idea is floating from urbanparanoia to run the lab dureing the g8
> protest..
> the aim would be for people to ring or e mail there storys of what is
> happening
> and a group of people who are not going to place them onto the indymedia
> news

Surely this is what the Convergance Centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Gleneagles
will be doing ?

> wire.. to make this happen we need people to relocate some of the lab to
> another space.. over this weekend of the 2nd have it running from the 4th and
> rota of people willing to be there tracing and picking up news.. plus you get
> learn new skills
> are there people out there up for helping out?

I will  in Scotland from Saturday,  have you tried on the indymedia Sheffield
lists.  If it needs to be done I can show people how to move it and set it up
on Thursday night.

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily