[matilda] Re: non-profit

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 8 15:37:38 GMT 2005

Hi

On Tue 08-Nov-2005 at 07:01:39AM -0800,
gavin at cyber-rights.net wrote:

> We'd need to say we're other things, as well as non-
> profit. But I think this is the case anyway. We couldn't
> just say 'non-commercial' either.

What I was trying to get across (and probably failing to
do so...) was that, in the same way that I don't like the
non-commercial clause that the Creative Commons has [1], I
wouldn't want a no-commercial use rule for Matilda...

For what it's worth I wouldn't support a only non-profit
entities / events rule either...

I think that we need to define what things we want to
happen in the building in different way, not based on
whether money can be exchanged or profits made etc...

Chris

[1] http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-October/000740.html

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World